Of all the resources we publish on The Learning Network, perhaps it’s our vast collection of writing prompts that is our most widely used resource for teaching and learning with The Times.
This list of 401 prompts (available here in PDF) is now our third iteration of what originally started as 200 prompts for argumentative writing, and it’s intended as a companion resource to help teachers and students participate in our annual Student Editorial Contest. (In 2017, the dates for entering are March 2 to April 4.)
So scroll through the hundreds of prompts below that touch on every aspect of contemporary life — from social media to sports, politics, gender issues and school — and see which ones most inspire you to take a stand. Each question comes from our daily Student Opinion feature, and each provides links to free Times resources for finding more information. And for even more in-depth student discussions on pressing issues like immigration, guns, climate change and race, please visit our fall 2016 Civil Conversation Challenge.
What’s your favorite question on this list? What questions should we ask, but haven’t yet? Tell us in the comments.
And visit our related list as well: 650 Prompts for Narrative and Personal Writing.
Social Media and SmartphonesContinue reading the main story
It is not an easy task to write a good paper. There are many challenges that await students writing their essays but one of the most difficult tasks is to find suitable education essay topics. Their variety makes students get lost and they make numerous mistakes doing that.
Firstly, they opt for themes that were already widely explored and do not require another research. By doing so they try to make their lives easier but get in a trap as the more information there is on the web on one subject, the harder it is to organize a non-plagiarized paper. Secondly, improperly formulated theme can take you in a completely different direction and your essay will not correspond with the theme completely. Thus, it is better to look for education essay topic ideas. Because you can fail to compose something yourself.
We are happy to introduce you the best 20 topics for education essay for you to be able to attract readers and deserve only excellent grades for them.
What Are the TOP-20 Education Topics for Essays?
- Opt for your personal experience what is better: to take risk or play safe.
- Describe what book, movie, person, experience has influenced your life and how.
- Compare how your childhood plans have been realized by you in your adult life.
- Focus on your long-term life objectives and the ways to achieve them.
- Experienced you got being unsuccessful in achieving your purpose.
- If you could change one moment from your life, what would it be and why.
- Application essay: imagine that there are two applicants for one college place. Advertise yourself in such a way for a college to make a choice in your favor.
- What skill or trait of character makes you unique from other people?
- What accomplishments do you consider the most significant in your life?
- If you could interview any person (dead or alive) on the planet, who would it be and why? What you will ask?
- If you were created to be an animal, what animal would you like to be and why?
- Travel in time and tell what period in history you would like to visit and why?
- Do you listen to advice? Do you like to give advice? What are two best pieces of advice (given and received by you) in your life?
- Choose an invention that has influenced mankind most of all and explain your viewpoint.
- If you could have supernatural skills, what three skills you would choose and how you would use them in life?
- Is life a severe struggle or a pleasant walk?
- What things make our lives worth living?
- Is education a decisive factor of your future career and what else is important in finding a good job?
- Can science go too far or how can inventions change our future lives?
- Think of how education will look in twenty years.
These TOP-20 education topics for essays are perfect for creation of efficient and custom papers.
How to Choose a Topic for Education Essays?
It is a real art to choose the right topic for an essay. Yes, you can buy an essay online, but it's better to choose a topic by your own way. The effective topic of an essay is a half of the whole paper success; choosing a theme for a paper, students undergo different challenges, so here are some tips how to choose education essay topics:
- Select that subjects that will grab the attention of readers;
- Make a challenge to conventional views;
- Choose something unique and original;
- Ensure that the subject requires significant research;
- The theme has to be controversial and debated;
- Make sure that there are enough sources to retrieve information.
Choosing the topic about education essay writers should be very attentive and take these tips into consideration - that will contribute to the high quality of an essay.